Digi-Scene

Taking digizines into the new millenium

Jan 22, 2007

PMS (Pre-Monster Syndrome)

Posted by Kim |

I didn't used to believe in PMS. I thought that women who complained that they turned into raving lunatics at "that time of the month", were merely wanting a convenient excuse for bad behavior. Kind of like blaming a mouse on a motorcycle for a fart noise in an otherwise completely silent room. (Bonus points if any readers can guess who that refers to, lol)

In the past few years, however, I've come to be a true believer in the idea that fluctuating hormones can indeed turn a normally reasonable woman from a Dr. Jekyll into a Mr. Hyde at the drop of a hat. What I've noticed with me is that I tend to become overly sensitive to even the smallest of (perceived) slights. Today is a good example.

I called Boni at lunch like I normally do and simply because he made it sound like he was busy and that he would speak with me later, I found myself giving him the silent treatment. Where in the world did that come from? I hate it when I do crap like that to someone who NEVER pulls stuff like that on me.

Argghhh! I just want to go home and curl up on the couch in a fetal position with a heating pad and wait for this to pass. Best not talk to anyone until it does, too...

2 comments:

Kaye said...

I just have to say that I have loved reading your blogs. I've even taken to reading some of them to my friends at work. One day I thought I would share the funny one about you cheating on your hairdresser. When I typed in "Hair Whore" low and behold I got a RED Flashing sign on my computer saying that I was trying to access a blocked site and I was promptly kicked off of the internet. Thanks Kim!!!! Couldn't you have called it something else?
P.S. I still have a job right now, but I will let you know if things change!

Kim said...

OK, point taken. In the future I will refer to myself as a slut instead of a whore. Anything for my sis! :)

Subscribe