Digi-Scene

Taking digizines into the new millenium

Dec 15, 2005

Remembering

Posted by Kim |

My grandmother passed away at this time last year and for some reason I've been keenly feeling her absence right now. I was tearing up the other day as I was driving down the road and as I frantically searched for a tissue to wipe my eyes, I remembered how my Grandma used to keep a tissue tucked in the front of her bra. That was enough to make me smile.

In the intervening years it has never crossed my mind to keep a supply of tissue in my bra, just in case, like my grandmother did. I no longer have to contemplate doing that because I now have a wonderful beau who is the gallant and old-fashioned type who always carries a clean handkerchief that he silently passes to me. He doesn't even bat an eye when I discreetly blow my nose in it and hand it back to him. THAT, my friends, is the definition of chivalry...

(Thanks to Beth for her blog entry that got me thinking about this)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful.

Subscribe