Digi-Scene

Taking digizines into the new millenium

Today is Day 4 of my New Year's resolution to exercise every day. So far so good, but I can feel a little bit of rebellion coming on with regards to these "good for me" resolutions I promised to make and keep this year. The other two resolutions are to eat healthy and to cut out the Diet Coke. I'm doing a good job at eating healthy mainly because that is the only way Boni cooks and since I have hired him to wait on me hand and foot, I can't in good conscience complain about what he cooks can I? Whenever I whine about wanting a Diet Coke, however, I get no sympathy, just a stern look and a reminder that I've done really well to be "off the sauce" for a whole week now. I hate it when he's right.

I think it would be funny to tell my parents that Boni insists that Diet Coke is tantamount to a shot of whiskey. I wonder what he'd say if he knew that the former Bishop was harboring four 12-packs of "the sauce" in his garage. I'll let him continue to have his delusions about my father. They'll be blown asunder the first time he hears my Dad curse anyway.

Update: I fell off the wagon and had a shot of Diet Coke for lunch. I'll begin the 12-step process anew tomorrow. Just don't tell Boni, OK?

0 comments:

Subscribe