Digi-Scene

Taking digizines into the new millenium

Sep 6, 2007

Section 109 Row 16 Seat 8

Posted by Kim |

Boni and I went to see the Padres play the Dodgers last weekend. I had been looking forward to that game for a lonnnnggg time and just wanted the Padres to beat the Dodgers so bad I could taste it. And to me the taste was sweet, like something from Extraordinary Desserts.

Unfortunately because of San Diego's proximity to LA, we get invaded with Dodger fans coming to OUR ballpark. Blech! And sure enough an entire family of Dodger fans sat next to Boni and I.

As a matter of fact, there were about 8 of them and Boni and I had our 2 seats right in the middle of them. Dodger blue to the left of us, Dodger blue to the right of us, we were surrounded. But then the matriarch of this clan (think of Peg Bundy as a baseball fan) asked us if we would mind changing seats with them so they could all sit together.

Well, as a matter of fact I DID mind. Boni and I very specifically buy the seats we do so we can sit right on the first base line and have a clear field of vision from first to second base. So I told her that without any hint of an apology. She had the nerve to be miffed at me! I ignored her and proceeded to scream my head off and enjoy myself immensely as we soundly defeated those silly Dodgers.

I hope her glass of white wine every inning helped dull the pain for her...

0 comments:

Subscribe