Digi-Scene

Taking digizines into the new millenium

Apr 19, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Posted by Kim |

I love my birthday. I know, I know. Having reached the advanced age of 43, I should be cursing my birthday and the passage of another year, but I honestly love my birthday and I'll tell you why.

It's the one day out of the year that I feel absolutely no guilt about having an entire day that is all about ME. I don't give a rats ass about anyone else on this day. I do what I want, when I want, and for how long I want because, hey. It's my birthday.

Today was a perfect Kim birthday. It started with Boni serving me my favorite breakfast in bed (french toast). Even though he fretted for a solid week because he had never made french toast, I thought it tasted wonderful. Partly it was because I felt completely selfish and decadent about having someone cater to my every whim today, but Boni not only did it willingly and cheerfully, but he was looking for ways to make my day perfect.

In addition to the breakfast in bed, I received a beautiful bouquet of tulips from Boni too. Anytime I receive flowers I get the silliest smile on my face. I honestly think Boni gets as much pleasure out of that as anything else. He also bought me a cake and even sang happy birthday to me, not once but twice (once at breakfast and then later after work when we cut the cake and had ice cream).

Many phone calls and birthday wishes later and quite frankly I am feeling very loved. Isn't that what a perfect birthday is all about?

0 comments:

Subscribe