Digi-Scene

Taking digizines into the new millenium

Apr 20, 2006

OUCH!

Posted by Kim |

I went in this morning to have my first mammogram. If nothing else, I'm glad that I read somewhere in a magazine article about taking some ibuprofen beforehand to minimize the discomfort. Discomfort, hell! They smash your boobs flat between two pieces of plexiglass. On the plexiglass are little red measurement marks and sure enough the technician pulled and tugged and smashed just to see how far along the line my breast could be elongated. I think I scored a 10. As you are imagining that pretty sight, they go ahead and snap a picture of it. It was just my luck that they had to retake one of the images, too. Arrgghh...

I'm trying not to think about the potential results, especially in light of the recent diagnosis my friend Jennifer received that she does indeed have breast cancer. Instead, I just sit here and pray that I get the letter (everything is OK) and NOT the phone call (we need to see you again)...

0 comments:

Subscribe