Digi-Scene

Taking digizines into the new millenium

Sep 9, 2005

Did I Miss the Tailgate Party?

Posted by Kim |

Well, it looks like the blame game has begun in earnest over Hurricane Katrina and the response, or lack of response by government agencies. I'm not going to get into my feelings about that here, but like so many others I've been watching in stunned silence the wave of misery that is pouring out of the Gulf Coast area. I've donated money of course, but I still feel helpless.

I was inspired by this article from a doctor on the frontlines so starting today I'm going to be looking for volunteer opportunities here in San Diego that may help. I'm mandated by my employer to take off from December 23 - January 3 for the holidays and I'm hoping to convince a number of my co-workers to spend at least part of that time in Mississippi with me helping with the rebuilding effort.

Even if we can't do much, we should at least do what we can...

0 comments:

Subscribe