Digi-Scene

Taking digizines into the new millenium

Sep 11, 2005

Leave A Message After the Tone

Posted by Kim |

*beep*

"Kim? This is your Mom calling. No special reason and you don't need to call me back."

Dammit Mom, you know that I'm on a frickin' dial-up connection here and whenever you call and leave me one of these asinine messages it knocks my computer offline without me knowing it. I had written a most eloquent essay for my blog that was going to win me the praise and admiration of the entire blogosphere and when I pushed Publish, I got the dreaded Page Not Found error message.

*beep*

Oh, bloody hell! I forgot to wait for the beep and this message too is somewhere floating out in space somewhere....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most telephone companies use the *70 code to disable call-waiting. Dial *70, and you get a second dial tone, then call the number. You can generally build it into the dialing sequence of your modem or software--where it says phone number, put *70,XXX-XXXX

The comma puts a little pause in there for the second dial tone to come on before it continues. Good luck!

Roy

Kim said...

Thanks for the helpful hint, Roy. Now my mother can leave all the inane messages she wants without me cursing her! :-)

Anonymous said...

Kim, I love your site. It is beautiful! Congratulations.

Kaye said...

I thought mom only called ME to talk when I was at the good part in my favorite t.v. show. I'm glad she cares enough to share.

Subscribe