Digi-Scene

Taking digizines into the new millenium

Aug 25, 2006

What We Have Here is a Failure to Communicate

Posted by Kim |

Medusa - CarravagioOK, I've complained here ad nauseum about my hairstylist because of her uncanny ability to cut hair like she was stuck in Bad Sitcom Land. Well, she has finally moved to Florida and I've been seeing another stylist in the same salon for a couple of months now. The good news is, she has actually given my hair a modern style even during this awkward growing out stage that it's in. I should be in heaven, right? RIGHT?

Well, I am. Sort of.

Unfortunately I've traded in a hairstylist who can't cut hair for a hairstylist that can't seem to get hair color right. Not that she gets it wrong, per se, but it's just kind of....off. Because my hair is so overtly gray, not coloring it isn't an option. I want her to darken the brown in my hair so it doesn't look so red by the time I need to get it colored again. However, my definition of auburn and her definition are miles apart it seems. I'm thinking more Julia Roberts circa early 90's and her version is Lucille Ball circa early 50's. Failure to communicate, indeed.

I recently had a nightmare in which she left out the brown completely when she colored my hair and it ended up being bright orange and then she wouldn't correct it. In my dream I opened up a can of whoop ass on her as my mother watched on in horror. Isn't it interesting that in my dream, my mother was more horrified at my potty mouth than she was about the train wreck that was my hair?

Man, I need a boatload of therapy...(and a new hairstylist)...

1 comments:

Kaye said...

Kim,
I'm not sure if you look back through your old Blogs and see the comments or not, but I just had to tell you that this one is a HOOT!!!!
I was laughing so loud that the dogs woke out of a sound sleep...now that's saying alot!
Kaye

Subscribe