Digi-Scene

Taking digizines into the new millenium

Aug 26, 2005

I owe it all to craigslist.org

Posted by Kim |

*sigh*

I love craigslist. As a matter of fact I think I might be in need of a 12-step program to help me with my addiction to craigslist. Since I discovered it, I can't seem to stop going there for a daily fix of finding things I REALLY DON'T NEED OR HAVE ANY USE FOR. Kind of like an eBay for the more hip and technologically with-it geek.

Nevermind the fact that I actually used craigslist to find the apartment I eventually moved into here in San Diego. Also nevermind the fact that I found a gullible (and poor) college student and bought her dining room table set, but only after I haggled her down to a measly $125. Hey, I paid cash, so what do you expect?

However, I find myself cruising the postings for the perfect leather furniture at a steal of a price. I don't NEED leather furniture. I also don't need the vinyl records from my teenage years that I keep hoping to find. (Anybody know where I can lay my hands on an Ohio Players "Fire" lp with the original cover art?)

Do I really want to admit that I read the Men for Women postings? Or that that mid-50's guy that posts over and over and over again is really creepy? I wandered into Casual Encounters and found myself in utter shock at what some people will flat-out state that they are looking for in a sex partner. Thank goodness the firewall at work prevents me from accessing THAT on my lunch hour.

Forget Google. I have full confidence that should the time come that I need a liver transplant, craigslist will be right there to not only help with the search, but help me find someone that will deliver for an extra $25....

0 comments:

Subscribe